If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you probably remember seeing and hearing about my day trip to the Grand Canyon last month– I’m so happy to finally be posting about it! I have lived in Arizona now for a little over four years and truly love the state. It has so much natural majestic beauty. I’m more of a city gal (though I love camping and hiking…the works) so I wasn’t sure I was going to love it as much as everyone else did. “So, what do I do once I’m there? Stare at it?” The answer is, yes. You stare. And gawk. And take lots of cool pictures, because it’s wow. Amazing.
- Bring lots of water– it’s the desert, people!
- If you plan on hiking, wear proper shoes.
- Arrive early before the crowds settle in
- Pack a lunch– there’s a walk-way that goes along the edge of the canyon, and you won’t want to turn back for food near the entrance if you’re having a good time!
- Bring a camera
- If you can help it, visit in the fall when crowds are starting to die down and the heat isn’t as bad.
Have you ever been to the Grand Canyon? Is it on your bucket list?